High Country Jazz Society welcomes you to an exciting 2017 season!
(formerly Blowing Rock Jazz Society)
2017 HCJS Concerts at Meadowbrook Inn
May 14 ~ Chad Eby Group (Chad is on the jazz faculty at UNC-Greensboro.)
June 11 ~ Russ Wilson Group (Russ is a drummer/vocalist/entertainer based in Asheville.)
July 9 ~ Larry Lapin Trio with Michelle Amato (July mainstays.)
August 13 ~ Noel Freidline Group (August mainstays.)
September 10 ~Brazilian Romance (Brazilian jazz with Welson Tremura, Todd Wright, Richard Shulman, Zack Page, Andy Page and Rick Dilling)
Many of you know that Dr. Tremura travels from Florida. If you would like to assist in sponsoring this month’s concert please email Todd Wright at Stuff106@bellsouth.net. Thanks!!
October 8 ~ ASU Jazz Ensemble I (Preparation has begun for a performance tour of Scandinavia in May 2018!! Friends come join us!!)
Concert admission fee:
$20 per person/$5 per student
$65 membership includes all 2017 season concerts
A membership form is enclosed. Please complete and return with your check to the address on the form.
We do appreciate all your support over the past years and hope you will join us by obtaining a membership. If you have interest in becoming a sponsor please respond to this email by using the address listed below.
Sponsorship levels include:
- Duke Ellington-$1000: Two season memberships and four tickets per concert
- Ella Fitzgerald- $600: Two season memberships and two tickets per concert
- Miles Davis- $300: Two season memberships
We will begin a new format at Meadowbrook Inn this season.
- The concerts will take place from 5-7pm.
- No need call the Inn for reservations, but we do need to know how many plan to attend. By 5PM ON SUNDAY ONE WEEK BEFORE THE CONCERT, call 828.264.6860 with a reservation name, total number in your party and phone number.
- Open seating only. No tables guaranteed, only number of seats. Sponsor seating will be guaranteed.
- There will be no food service other than vending-type snacks that may be purchased in the bar.
- Bar will be open for sales.
A monthly concert reminder will be emailed.
Many thanks to Meadowbrook for continued support of jazz in the High Country.
Looking forward to seeing soon!
HCJS Board of Directors
PO. Box 2476 Boone, NC 28607